|Real Estate Information|
Selling Your Home - A FSBOs Guide to Keeping It Safe
Sellers need to keep their safety in mind when prospecting potential buyers. The real estate industry has seen a problematic climb in assaults towards realtors, and so is the concern for those who are selling their own homes.
Here are just seven ways designed specifically to protect you, your family, and your home, from being victimized:
1. Fully screen callers before allowing them an appointment for seeing your home. Ask all the questions: name, existing address, and telephone number. Where are they employed? Why are they looking to buy? Do they have a family in the area? Any children? Ask as many questions until you feel comfortable with this person.
2. Do not let unannounced visitors into your home unless you have their information first. If you are alone in the house, have them come back later when there are others home. There is no reason why someone cannot be professional and make an appointment with you. Make sure there is more than one person in your home when showing your property. Remember, safety in numbers.
3. If you must show your home alone keep a cell phone with you. If you are in danger of a potential buyer, you can easily call 911 for help. In the event in needing to get away from someone run out of the house into your vehicle or neighbor's house. Remember, your life is more important than any property. Most criminals interviewed say they do not want to harm anyone when taking valuables, prescription drugs or money. But if the home owner puts up a fight, so will they. Let it go. Property and things in your home can be replaced, your life cannot!
4. Tell your children, even if they are older to not let anyone in the house unless you are there. Even teenage children should not let anyone into the house. More assaults are committed on young people from the ages of 15- 25 years of age than any other age group.
5. Be very aware of virtual tours. If a virtual tour is an option for selling your home, make sure there are no expensive objects in the room(s). Criminals look for opportunities such as these to target homes to burglarize.
6. Let neighbors know you are selling your home. Check with them on a regular basis to see if anyone has been around the house when you are not there. Criminals will use an open house, or a walk-through to pose as a potential buyer to scope out properties to burglarize later.
7. Keeping the curb appeal not only adds value when you are selling a home, but adds to the safety of your home as well. After searching a home during an open house, criminals interviewed say they look for high bushes near windows, not well-lit areas of a home, and concealed entrances to come back and gain access to a home. Keep bushes trimmed low, repair or add higher wattage light bulbs to existing lights, and keep entrances well lit for theft prevention.
Don't hesitate. If you're serious about selling your home yourself, just make sure your safety plan is just as serious to protect you and your family's future.
Michelle Annese is a 3rd degree black belt with 15+ years experience teaching industry specific self defense and safety for women and children. She is author of 'the Realtor Survival Guide", 'Protection for Women', and 'The SafeGuard System for Kids'. For more information on how to protect yourself and your family go to http://www.michelleannese.com and check out other articles and sign up for a free safety tips e-newsletter.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Dino Rossi has done well in real estate, but his work is also fodder for campaign opponents - The Seattle Times
Transwestern creates 'strategic alliance' with Canadian commercial real estate firm - Houston Business Journal
If You Move Yourself
You'll want to take some items in your own car when you move, and that's true whether you're hiring a mover or doing the job on your own. You'll hand-carry jewelry, medications, house plants, pets and a suitcase for each family member.
Directionals Move Properties
One of the most effective and frequently overlooked methods of filling or selling a property is the use of directional arrow signs. I'm guilty of it myself, although usually I'm merely lazy instead of overlooking this great marketing technique.
How To Spot A Good Buy
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, particularly when it comes to buying a home. Features that attract one home-buyer may repel another.
How to Use Design Psychology to Stage Your Home for a Top-Dollar Sale
A new business venture to help home sellers, home staging, assists property owners in preparing their home for the best possible sale. Home stagers visit your home and either tell you how to redesign it or actually do the work for you.
Reprint Rights and How To Use Them To Generate A Steady Income
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have a step by step guide for sellers and tenant buyers. However, many of you are missing out on other income streams that these step by step guides can generate.
An Ideal Way to Purchase Your New Home without Strict Banking Regulations
You've searched high and low around town looking for thatspecial home for you and your family. Everyone agrees that"this is the one"! Your down payment for the home is largeenough, but you know your credit is terrible, or worse,practically non-existent.
Property for Sale in Piemonte Italy is Attracting British Interest
The Region has four distinct seasons but in general possesses a Mediterranean feel strongly influenced by the proximity of the Mediterranean Sea. Winters are short and cold (the snow and mountains providing spectacular scenery for the region's ski resorts).
Various Aspects Of The Lease Purchase Business
In a previous article, we wrote why we believe that Lease Purchasing is the perfect home-based business, here we want to briefly touch on some of the actual aspects of operating such a business, the pluses and minuses and why Lease Purchasing represents a win-win situation for the seller, the tenant/buyer and just as importantly, you, as the business owner. One of your goals in operating a Lease Purchase business is to contract for property that you then move to the tenant/buyer.
Back To The Future - Big Changes Are Coming, Get Ready Now
The comments below are quoted from a recent speech by Ben Bernanke, a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors..
Understanding the Escrow (Closing) Process
1. What is an escrow?Escrow is defined as a process where parties deposit instructions and funds with a "disinterested" third party until conditions of the instructions are met.
Refinance Rental Property - Dont Sell It
You own a rental property for years, and never see the "big pay-off." Is it time to cash in on your investment, now that you've paid down the mortgage, and values are up? Maybe not.
Pricing your House to Sell
Most Sellers set their initial asking price at an amount somewhat higher than they are actually willing to accept, fully expecting a buyer to open the bidding with a lesser amount.While price is the most frequently negotiated item in any home sale, you may be able to creatively provide financial value to your buyer - without lowering the price alone.
U.S. Real Estate Sought By Foreign Investors Due to a Weaker Dollar
The weak US dollar has been good news for real estate. Taking advantage of the favorable conversion rates, foreign investors are eagerly picking up real estate in major cities across the US.
Real Estate Investing with No Cash and No Credit
Lots of folks think it can't be done.How in the world can you buy a piece of real estate property without cash or credit? How is it possible to buy a $50,000 house or a $1 million dollar house if I don't have an abundance of cash or an excellent credit rating?Nothing stops a would-be investor cold in his tracks like "no cash or credit.
Lake Property in Danbury
A lakeside vacation or second home can be a quiet and relaxing place to escape to, or simply a good investment in your financial future. Whether you enjoy the outdoor activities and recreation provided by one of Connecticut's beautiful lakes, or you just want a place to get away from it all, there is a lakeside home for you in Danbury.
Moldy Homes are a Great Investment
Have you seen this in your classifieds? -"Will pay $$$ for moldy homes. Call 555-555-5555"All you have to do is watch the news and you know about mold problems.
What to Look Out For When Buying Off Plan
Buying Off PlanIt can be difficult to decide when every deal seems to be not to be missed!There are some key things I look for when buying off plan, whether it's in the UK or abroad it makes no difference.The property must be good value now ie it compares favourably with similar properties today, and is not based on properties going up in value 10% each of next 2-3 years.
Why A Final Inspection Is Necessary
In the sales contract, the sellers of your new home agreed to leave all the light fixtures, custom blinds, and refrigerator. When you walk in the home on moving day, to your surprise, all of those things are gone.
Helpful Hints for First-Time Home Buyers
Buying a house can be a daunting task, even for someone who has owned several homes. My husband and I recently purchased our first home together, and it was hard to find good advice that we truly found useful.
What are the Elements in Real Estate?
Each element has a specific color associated with it. Because color (light) vibrates and is such a high frequency, it immediately lifts the "energy vibration" in our listings.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|