Top Ten Suggestions for Selecting a Real Estate Agent
In order to find a real estate broker or agent who meets your needs and makes your buying or selling experience a positive one, Century 21 Real Estate Corporation recommends you:DO NOT blindly walk into or call a neighborhood firm and ask for an agent at random.Ask friends and family for recommendations.Interview several real estate agents:
Pay attention to whether a potential agent is listening closely to what you say.
- Find out their history with the brokerage, their experience and background.
- Gauge their knowledge of your favorite towns.
- Ask for a list of previous clients and their phone numbers.
Give a potential agent the opportunity to educate you.
- Is he or she asking follow-up questions which prompt further explanation and help him or her understand exactly your needs and wants?
Have a good idea of what you expect from an agent and communicate those expectations.
- A good agent should walk a customer through the buying or selling process before ever showing properties or discussing a specific transaction.
Weigh the benefits of working with an experienced agent versus a novice.
- How often do you want to hear from your agent?
- Do you want to hold meetings at your house rather than the real estate office?
Find an agent who complements your personality.
- An experienced agent may have more insight, but a new agent may have innovative ideas or more energy and time.
Evaluate the agent's firm and/or office.
- If you like to start your day at 7:00 a.m., don't choose an agent who arrives to the office at 10:00 a.m.
- If your preferred method of communication is e-mail, don't choose an agent whose most advanced technology is a fax machine.
Look for an agent who will be your partner.
- Look for a real estate organization whose agents can empower you with real estate expertise and resources and provide first-rate customer service.
- Find someone you trust, who will give you the facts, help you make intelligent, well-informed decisions and work with you throughout the entire process.
About The Author
W. Troy Swezey is the author of "Top Ten Suggestions for Selecting a Real Estate Agent." As a Realtor at Century 21 Paul & Associates, he has helped many individuals with their real estate needs. Visit his web site to download his free e-book, "REAL ESTATE SECRETS EXPOSED." http://www.TroyIsMyRealtor.com or mail to: TroyC21@usa.net
could not open XML input