|Real Estate Information|
How to Show & Sell Your California Home
Seller's Showing Instructions
1. When the agent arrives with the potential buyers, have the window coverings open to let in as much sunlight as possible. At nighttime, be sure that all of your outdoor lights are on, particularly any landscape or pool lights. Indoor lights - all of them should be on day or night. I have never heard a buyer tell me - "it is too bright".
2. Open doors between rooms to give an inviting and open feeling. Turn the television off. When necessary, have the thermostat set to a comfortable temperature. In winter, a fire in the fireplace is inviting - you want the buyers imagining themselves living in your home.
3. Pick up any newspapers, magazines and clutter that may be lying around. Your kitchen and bath counter tops should all ready have been cleared of all but the most basic necessities, make sure dirty dishes are not in sight.
4. If you have pets, take them for a walk. Many people are afraid of pets; others love them and will remember your pet more than your home.
5. The beds should be made and clothes picked up. Bathrooms should be clean and the toilet lids down.
6. When you leave the house in the morning or during the day, leave it in show condition. How we sell a home is not how we live in a home, you as the seller play a part in achieving the highest possible price. You never know when the right person is going to walk through your front door.
The above is a generalized "punch list", your agent should provide you with specifics as to how best to "show off" your home.
Phyllis Harb, a California native is a Realtor/Marketing Specialist at RE/Max Tri City in La Canada, California. RE/MAX Tri-City offers additional offices in La Crescenta, Glendale, Los Feliz and Pasadena. Harb has been assisting Los Angeles County home sellers and buyers since 1989 and additionally offers over 10 years experience in real estate lending. Harb has an award winning web site @ http://www.RealtorHarb.com & may also be contacted at 818 790-7325.
could not open XML input