|Real Estate Information|
You Have 15 Seconds to Sell Your Home! 11 Steps You Can Take to Sell Your Home for Top Dollar
Selling your home? Here are some suggestions to help you sell yours for more than your next door neighbor's, and faster! Most buyers will know within 15 SECONDS after crossing the threshold if they want your home. But first, you need to attract them inside!
11 steps to take to sell your home for top dollar
1. Start at the street. The buyer's first glimpse of your home must entice them inside. Design Psychology goes further than mere curb appeal. Here are some easy additions you can make to help your home outshine the competition:
Add a couple of BIG plants, either in hanging baskets or pots, to the porch, which will lead buyers' eyes to the entrance.
The first color our eyes process is yellow, so place yellow flowers near the front door.
Plant white flowering annuals, since they look clean and show up better at night.
2. Get rid of brown or dead leaves and bare spots in the yard. Add mulch to cover bare dirt near the house. Bright flowers hold the eye and "fill" empty areas, but you don't need to add plants to every space. Just make sure that everything looks neat.
3. Paint your front door a happy color. Yellow-gold (amber), red (blue-based), sage, apple, or forest green, depending on the other colors of your home, will attract the eye and create happy feelings. Buyers won't notice the Color Psychology you're employing, but they'll love the result.
4. Once buyers step inside the front door, they usually make their minds up within 15 SECONDS, so first impressions are vitally important. Focus your attention on the first wall buyers will see, and then hang a mirror on that wall large enough to reflect the buyer's image. It will psychologically reinforce the buyer's presence in the home when they see themselves in the mirror, causing them to imagine living in your home.
5. Go beyond just clearing clutter, and remove furnishings that don't add to the setting. Also clear bathroom and kitchen countertops. Under-furnished homes let the buyer's imagination fill rooms with their own belongings. Once they visualize their favorite chair in a particular spot, you have a sale.
6. Pack away your personal photographs, trophies, diplomas, and small accessories and stack them neatly in the garage or a separate storage space. That will also protect you from having strangers view your personal life.
7. If your home looks too bare, replace your personal treasures with house plants or cuttings from the garden. Be creative.
Use tree branches and fresh flowers to bring nature indoors.
Fill vases and glass jars with fresh cuttings and set them in baskets.
Add green house plants in winter, spring, and fall.
During hot selling seasons, use green, silver and gray foliage to help keep your home visually cool.
8. Lighting affects emotions and is a crucial design element for happiness, so turn on the lights when showing your home. Day-like light bulbs enhance happiness. Amber and pink light bulbs warm, while blue light cools.
9. Air the house out. You get used to odors, but buyers shouldn't smell anything other than natural pleasing scents like wood burning in the fireplace or fresh lemon in the summer. Cut up a grapefruit and run sections through the garbage disposal. It's both refreshing and clean smelling.
10. Buyers like temperatures around 70 degrees in the winter and 67 degrees in the summer, so turn up the thermostat in the winter and turn it down in the summer.
11. Park your car out of the way and encourage buyers to park in a space where their car won't block the view.
Remember, you've only got 15 seconds to sell your home, but by using Design Psychology techniques, you can convert lookers into buyers and get top dollar for your home.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see http://www.doghousetodollhousefordollars.com/pages/5/index.htm
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Take The Guess Work Out Of Your Wholesale Property Purchases
We have become very concerned by the number of readers writing to us asking how to determine which are the wholesalers(*) that can be trusted. Why are we concerned? Because when we dig a little deeper, we realize that they are buying properties based solely on the recommendation of the wholesaler.
Finding, Fixing, Financing, and Flipping - The Short Course
Most people get involved in Real Estate investing to make money.Pretty self-evident - or, is it?What would you say if I told you that everything you have been taught about Real Estate investing and making money "rehabbing" your real estate investments is wrong?Well, at least, much of it!Let's take a look at something that all too many people don't think about in their real estate investing - something that seems to be a secret formula to bringing in the most cash from your real estate investments.
Condo Hotels Offer Luxury and Great Investment Potential
Not Your Typical Vacation HomeWhat could be more perfect that owning a luxury vacation home at a landmark resort and receiving rent revenue whenever you're not using it? Condo hotels are the newest trend in vacation home ownership. Live in it when you're there; rent it when you're not.
Finding Structural Problems During Escrow - Small Rural Home Example
In rural home purchases, the transaction is often subject to a satisfactory home inspection being done. Any imperfections are usually corrected during escrow.
Selling Your Home In The Winter
In many parts of the country, selling a home during the winter months can be a challenge. Dreary, cold weather and the end-of-the-year holidays can keep buyers away and heighten fears of your home staying on the market longer than expected.
Why I Love Country Living
As somone who has lived in both places, I can tell you that country living certainly beats the hustle and bustle of city life! Living in a rural area has advantages that simply can't be bought at any price.In the city I was bombarded with the sounds of horns blowing and sirens blaring.
Hiring A Contractor - 10 Mistakes To Avoid
A very smart attorney I know paid $7,000 for a roof repair, only to have the roof leak the next time it rained. The contractor stalled, made excuses, but never did a thing about it.
How To Negotiate A Higher Price For Your House
Negotiation is where many FSBO home sellers really have problems. The wrong attitude or a slip of the tongue could cost you thousands.
Investment Property Part 2 of 2: What You Need to Know Before You Buy
Welcome to the second portion of a two-part series on investment property. In the first installment, "How Not to Become a Slumlord", we discussed a little of what it takes to own and operate a property as well as some of the do's and don'ts of the property management trade.
Selling Property - Valuing Your Property
Selling property privately has many advantages over using an estate agent. However estate agents can provide useful local information not available from the internet.
How Long Your Mortgage Runs Determines How Much You Pay
The first thing most of us think about when the time comes to take out a mortgage on a new home is the interest rate.That's both perfectly natural and very sensible.
Negative Gearing - It's Not to Your Benefit!
The concept of negative gearing has been originally developed to encourage real estate investment in Australia by allowing any income losses from property investment to be deductible from other income as a tax benefit. This means that the taxable income of the owner will be reduced after the deduction and therefore the total tax payable is also reduced.
Real Estate Investing - Books,TV Infomercials, and Seminars
Real estate investing has become popularized today because of real estate investing TV infomercials and traveling seminar circuits. But real estate investing has not always been so popular.
3 of the 5 Ways Real Estate Can Take Advantage of Blogs and RSS
Earlier this month, Realtor Magazine announced that they would be featuring an article about Tampa Bay Realtor John Mudd and the success he has been having in attracting prospects and media attention with his blog on real estate. Since then, many others in the Real Estate market have been curious about how to implement similar strategies to capture leads in their areas.
Will The Real Home Buying Guide... Please Stand Up?
Use Google right now and do a search on, "Home Buying Guide". Take a few minutes to click some of the links to see what's out there and then come right back.
San Diego Real Estate, Million Dollar Homes
San Diego county has always been known for its Luxury Homes, yet in 2004 San Diego County luxury home sales (homes over $1,000,000) hit an incredible 2774 total units, an increase of almost 170% over total sales in 2003!In the entire State of California, A total of 33,107 homes sold for a million dollars or more last year. That was up 73.
10 Ways To Find Investment Properties
If you really want the best deals in investment properties, you have to increase your odds by finding more deals. Who is more likely to get a cheap apartment building, an investor that looks through the MLS listings and calls it a day, or the one that uses ten resources? Here are the ten:1.
French Property - a Buyers Guide to Purchasing Property in France
The CompromisThis document is the document you will sign agreeing to buy the property at the agreed price. It is signed by both vendor and purchaser and sets out all the details of the purchase price and fees.
Ten Steps for Becoming a Successful Real Estate Investor
The secret to success in real estate investment is finding bargain properties that you can "flip" quickly for a profit. Here are a few ideas for becoming a successful investor:1) Obtain sound advice from investors who are already successful.
Lake Property in Danbury
A lakeside vacation or second home can be a quiet and relaxing place to escape to, or simply a good investment in your financial future. Whether you enjoy the outdoor activities and recreation provided by one of Connecticut's beautiful lakes, or you just want a place to get away from it all, there is a lakeside home for you in Danbury.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|