|Real Estate Information|
Ten Steps for Becoming a Successful Real Estate Investor
The secret to success in real estate investment is finding bargain properties that you can "flip" quickly for a profit. Here are a few ideas for becoming a successful investor:
1) Obtain sound advice from investors who are already successful. Friends and realtors can refer you to folks who have proven investment track records.
2) Define your investment goals. Do you want to buy a home to live in, to fix and sell, or to hold for your future?
3) Read real estate investing books and articles, attend workshops and seminars, while AVOIDING out-of-date infomercials.
4) Choose a lender with great service, a good closing record, and fair costs, and get preapproved for financing.
5) Define your target locations, and become an expert. Study real estate newspaper sections, pick up sale flyers, and note sales prices in your target area.
6) Interview real estate agents and learn from them, but don't sign any agreements that will limit your search for bargain properties. You're looking for agents who know your target market thoroughly and will work hard to find properties for you.
7) Find a good escrow officer and use them for every transaction. They'll know your needs and will quickly learn how to expedite your transactions.
8) Study home remodeling techniques by reading design magazines and books. Learn the cost of materials, supplies, and building trades by visiting home improvement warehouses and talking with remodeling professionals.
9) Make many offers on properties, including bidding on HUD repos, asking for great terms and concessions from sellers. The more offers you make, the greater your chance of success.
10) Always have your transformation in mind. Have a plan for what will turn a doghouse into a dollhouse. It will speed turnaround time and save you money on mortgage payments.
Copyright. 2004. Jeanette Fisher. All Rights Reserved.
Professor Jeanette Fisher, author of Doghouse to Dollhouse for Dollars, Joy to the Home, and other books teaches Real Estate Investing and Design Psychology. For more articles, tips, reports, newsletters, and sales flyer template, see http://www.doghousetodollhousefordollars.com/pages/5/index.htm
could not open XML input