|Real Estate Information|
Rental Properties: 10 Ways To Increase Income
What if you want better cash flow from your rental properties? You can't just raise the rents arbitrarily. If tenants leave, income goes down, not up. There are other ways, though, including the ones listed below.
1. Install coin-operated washing machines. Even if you don't have the money to do this yourself, you can find a company that will do it for you, and share the income with you.
2. Rent extra parking space. When I got tired of a renter's extra car, I just started charging a weekly fee. Then I didn't mind so much.
3. Raise the rent. Okay, we did dismiss ARBITRARY rent hikes as a cash-flow solution, but check on the rates for similar units. Are you renting at below-market rates?
4. Rent storage sheds. Especially if your apartments are small, your renters may need a place to store their things. Don't let them spend their money elsewhere. Put a few sheds on the property.
5. Enforce late fees. It is perfectly fair to have a fee for late payment of rent, and guess what? Those who are chronically late usually don't even mind - they just don't look at these things the same way as others.
6. Offer improvements for rent increases. If it's worth $25 more monthly rent to a tenant, install that dishwasher. Even on a credit card you'll pay less than that per month for it.
7. Install vending machines. If your rental properties are large enough, others will do this for you for free, and give you a share of the income.
8. Rent by the room. A four-bedroom house might make more money if you include all the utilities and rent by the bedroom. This has made a lot of fortunes for investors in college towns. It does mean a lot of management, however.
9. Rent-to-own sale. Usually there's a non-refundable deposit, and higher than market rents in these deals. When renters change their minds, as they often do, you got the deposit and better cash flow. This is great when poor cash flow makes you want to sell. You either sell or get the better cash flow as you repeat the process.
10. Reduce expenses. Every dollar of expense you cut goes straight to the bottom line. List every expense of your rental properties, and look at them one at a time. How can you reduce them?
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Purchasing Florida Investment Property And Various Considerations
Purchasing Florida Investment PropertyConsidering researching the purchase of Florida Investment Property or properties for sale in central Florida? Do you find yourself wishing you didn't have that lawn to mow and the constant upkeep on a home? Purchasing Florida Investment Property can relieve you of all those household chores but purchasing a Florida Investment Property requires you do some homework. You need to know what you are looking for in a Florida Investment Property.
Customer Service - The Real Estate Revolution
Traditionally, real estate has been viewed as a sales industry. But perceptions are changing.
Foreclosure Home Deals
Did you know that you can save tens of thousands of dollars on the purchase of your home by investing in a foreclosure or preforeclosure property? When you are trying to purchase a home for the first time, and you have limited resources and limited funds, it is particularly important that you get the most "bang for your buck".One way for a young family to get the most home for their money is to purchase a "distressed" property.
The Real Estate Bubble-When Will it Burst?
More and more individuals are realizing that real estate is much safer, and a better return on investment than many traditional investment vehicles. Unlike stocks or bonds, real estate investments can usually be liquidated in order for the investor to access funds in far less time.
Condo-Hotels - A New Second-Home Alternative to Time Shares
Condo-hotels have evolved as a better, more reliable second home alternative to time-shares. They are usually attractive, high-rise hotels on the ocean or in other prime locations, and range in price from the mid $200,000s to over 1 million, depending on the size, location, and amenities.
Realtors: Forget Your Address?
It's a large real estate agency, and the company depends on a steady stream of leads. The website is classy, with delightful graphic elements and layout.
New Homes in Ridgefield
Location:Frequent travelers will absolutely delight in this town! As part of the southwest section of Connecticut, Ridgefield is a convenient town to live in since it is only miles away from both the New Jersey Tri-state area and New York City. It is also close to its neighbor, Danbury, and has a steady population that continues to grow.
Follow-Up - The Key To Successful Closings
If everyone always did everything they said they'd do, we'd all be a lot richer. Unfortunately, tasks are overlooked, and the ball is often dropped.
Home Selling: How To Set The Right Asking Price
Many homes remain unsold for a long time because they're over-priced. Pricing your home right is essential if you want to sell your home in quick time.
Four Reasons To Offer Seller Financing
An example of seller financing: Years ago I bought a rental property, and nine months later sold it for 15% more, without fixing or improving a thing. The easy terms are what sold it.
Housing Froth Creating Imbalance for Consumers and Investors
Home buyers and sellers should think twice before jumping into over-heated real estate markets. Fed chief Alan Greenspan feels the housing boom is economically imbalanced or uneven.
Is Housing and Real Estate Bubble Hype Irrational Exuberance?
Not so, says the author of this article and four real estate books including the recent "1001 Tips for Buying and Selling a Home". The upside of the hype is for real estate consumers and investors.
You Wanna Get High With Me?
Being a home inspector is great. It's fun, it's interesting, and I get to meet wonderful people.
Spanish Estate Agents and Inspection Visits
The only way to buy a home in Spain is during an inspection visit. If you are serious about buying a property, and are in a position to purchase, this is the most effective way to ensure your find the ideal home, in the ideal area at the right price for you.
Finance Your Real Estate Investment Properties
Unlike traditional residential real estate mortgages, real estate investment financing is way more creative and offers more options than you think. The golden rule in real estate investment is OPM (Other People's Money).
Purchasing International Real Estate
Interested in investing somewhere other than your back yard?Management companies have made it as easy to have a revenue property across the world as it is to have it across the street. You don't want to be collecting rents and plunging the toilets no matter WHERE it is!Different laws in different countries means some research is definitely in order.
European tax haven Andorra enjoys the same fiscal benefits as better known Monaco, adding to property demand from those looking for residency in a tax shelter as well as traditional ski chalet buyers who flock to the country between December and April each year.With the end of the ski season last month many ski resorts in Europe have closed up shop until early December with overseas property owners having little prospect of rental income in the summer months.
Selling Your Home In The Winter
In many parts of the country, selling a home during the winter months can be a challenge. Dreary, cold weather and the end-of-the-year holidays can keep buyers away and heighten fears of your home staying on the market longer than expected.
Real Estate Local FAQs.
There are many frequently asked questions and any local real estate area. In our area here at the local Delaware Beaches, the most frequently asked questions are how to get a good deal and if there are any fixer-uppers available.
Destin Florida Triples In 3 Years
Do you want to see something that is absolutely amazing? Let me show you what has happened in Destin, Florida over the last 3 years. Back in August of 2002, the median price of a home selling in Destin was $229,000.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|