|Real Estate Information|
Getting Ready to Sell Your Property
We all have had the experience of someone important coming to the house and whether the visitor is an in-law, an old friend, or business associate you know the drill: Have the house in "show" condition.
For investors the situation is much the same: First impressions count!!!! Even though you may not be able to tell a book by its cover, you'll probably pay more for a book if the cover is inviting, and attractive.
If you have a home is for sale or soon to be for sale, in addition to a general cleaning here are some steps you can take to benefit from that all-important first look:
1. Start with the outside. Mow the law, prune bushes, remove dead branches and get rid of outdoor furniture you don't intend to move.
2. Paint the front door and window frames, or at least clean them up.
3. Check for leaks. A drip may not seem important, but does it suggest poor maintenance in those places that maybe the buyer can't see? Eliminate buyer worries and fix the little items which may be seen as clues relating to the general condition and upkeep of the house.
4. Clean out closets and storage areas. Paint them off-white inside to make them seem roomier.
5. Have a professional cleaning company clean the carpets. I would suggest this only if you are not replacing the carpets.
6. Caulk around tubs and sinks. New caulk invariably looks better than old caulk, and you'll also prevent leaks.
7. Replace bulbs that don't work and use as much wattage as is appropriate for each fixture, usually I use 100watt bulbs everywhere. Bright lights make homes seem, well??.Brighter!
8. If there are outdated tiles in kitchen and bath areas make sure and paint them with an appropriate color?here are some of the colors I would recommend?.high gloss white. It will amaze you the change this simple fix can have on a sixties type of bathroom.
9. Replace some old bathroom fixtures with a bar light above the mirror or medicine cabinet.
10. People have allergies and if there are sign of a pet make sure to get rid of them before showing the home, eg: pet doors.
11. Homes in a given location and price range battle for a common pool of buyers. Make sure that you do the things that will set your house apart from the rest. A key factor in this is offering some assistance with financing whether in a second mortgage or offering your mortgage to be assumed.
Good luck and Happy Investing
Steele Tolman teaches people how to successfully invest in real estate through the "Zero Down In Canada Real Estate Investing Home Study Course," web mentoring and seminars. http://www.motivagroup.com
could not open XML input