|Real Estate Information|
Selling Your Own Home: 10 More Tips
Selling your own home can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. Sometimes, though, in the right market, it makes sense to save thousands of dollars in commission and do it yourself. If you've decided to give it a try, use the tips here to do it right, and to avoid common FSBO (for sale by owner) mistakes.
1. Understand value. It isn't what you think your house is worth, and it doesn't even matter how much you put into it. It is only what it's worth to potential buyers. Find out what they have paid for other similar homes before you decide on a price.
2. Be objective. This is a difficult one. You may want to get your most honest and outspoken friend to walk through the house with you. He'll see problems you didn't know were problems.
3. Have a plan. What will the kids or wife say to those who call? Where will you be closing? Will you have documents prepared by an attorney? A plan will help it all go smoother.
4. Make a list. What needs to be fixed, cleaned, changed, or removed? Do the most obvious things first.
5. Be a prepared salesman. List every question a buyer might have, and be ready with an answer. Have comparison sheets showing other home sales, so buyers can see the value. Have a map showing where nearby stores and libraries, etc. are.
6. Sell benefits. Don't say "near stores." Say "You can walk to the store in five minutes." Don't say "garage." Say "No chipping ice off the windshield in the morning."
7. Have all important information in ads. Square feet, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, address, telephone number, and price. Leaving out the price means some buyers just won't call, and you'll waste time with others who shouldn't be calling.
8. Listen to buyers. The biggest mistake sellers make talking to buyers is to get defensive about their home. Listen to criticisms, and resolve them or ask how important the issue is to the buyer. In other words, learn a little about selling.
9. Be careful with the sales agreement. Be sure that it is understood by both sides. What happens, and when? What if the buyer doesn't get their financing? What's included in the sale? When will the buyer take possesion? Who pays the closing fee?
10. Make closing easy. Have the documents all ready to sign. Be prepared with answers to likely questions. This is likely the largest financial transaction in your buyer's life. Make him comfortable.
There is a lot more to selling your own home than can be covered in ten tips, of course. Use these however, and you'll be doing better than the average FSBO seller.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Buying an Unfinished Home Maybe Your Answer
For the first time "want-to-be" homeowner, purchasing an unfinished new home maybe just the answer. With mortgage interest rates still at record lows, there has not been a better time to purchase a home in decades.
Buying Land For Development Requires Careful Planning and Execution
From the desk of Colm Dillon ..
Kings Bay Georgia Real Estate - An Amusing Tale About a Real Estate Agent
This story is true and not meant to hurt anyone, but the more that I think about what happened, the more it makes me laugh. I hope that you not only get a chuckle from it as I did, but take your time and look for a professional real estate agent.
You Wanna Get High With Me?
Being a home inspector is great. It's fun, it's interesting, and I get to meet wonderful people.
The Cat in the Attic
Strange and unexpected things happen during home inspections. Seldom are they tragic.
New Housing Starts Do Not Guarantee Aftermarket Sales
We have been studying a trend of new home buyers in the US in light of this latest housing boom. And how we should adjust our strategies to deal with it.
Eight Out of Ten Millionaires Surveyed Made their Fortune in Real Estate - How?
Consider the statistic in the title for a moment.8/10 millionaires surveyed found their wealth in Real Estate.
I Already Have an MLS Listing, Why Do I Need an Internet Ad?
In today's real estate market, astute buyers are also looking to realize savings by dealing directly with the seller. They use internet search engines and keyword sets (Atlanta real estate advertising, Atlanta for sale by owner, Atlanta FSBO) to locate for sale by owner (FSBO) properties on the web.
What Should You Do If Your Home Isn't Selling?
It can be very frustrating to put your home on the market, expecting a fast sale, only to find that after six months you're still waiting for an offer. What can you do?First, determine if it's a result of timing.
5 Hot Tips for Successful Real Estate Investment
The last downturn of the global stock market saw millions of 'every day' investors having their fingers badly burned. Overnight life savings were eaten away, retirement funds went into decline and the economic forecast for all of us who had any money invested in stocks and shares was gloomy to say the very least.
Finding A Capable Agent To Meet Your Real Estate Needs
Whether you're a first-time buyer, selling your current home or relocating to a different part of the country, the support of a qualified, knowledgeable real estate agent can alleviate many of your concerns and ensure a smooth transaction. A professional agent can market your present residence, help you locate the home of your dreams and assist in making your transfer to an unfamiliar area easier.
Best Places to Retire
Places to Retire: Popular Doesn't Always Mean "Best"Las Vegas, Nevada; Phoenix and Yuma, Arizona; Las Cruces, New Mexico; and Ocala, Florida-just a few names that rank among America's most popular retirement destinations. Unfortunately, their popularity doesn't necessarily mean that they are especially appropriate choices for astute consumers.
Purchasing Land: What To Look For
It doesn't take long to realize that finding the right piece of property is the most important aspect of new home construction. In a development, restrictions and easements have already been sorted out, but if you are looking for a stand-alone piece of vacant land, you're on your own.
Avoiding A Bad Investment Is Easier Than You Might Think
Human nature being what it is, none of us can get serious about the idea of buying a house without experiencing at least a few small twinges of worry. What we fear, of course, is making a mistake.
Property Investing Secrets 9
Property Investing: Here Are Two Important Tactics You Must Do When Buying Real Estate Off The InternetYou can purchase property off the internet. The off line fundamentals of property investing apply on line.
Buying A Home - Rain, Sun, and Weather Issues
When buying a home, it can be easy to overlook year-around weather issues. You may think you are purchasing a home in a sunny area, but come to find there is always a heavy cloud cover.
Give Your Home A Timeless Feel
In the world of real estate, there is a huge difference between an old home, and a classic home. It's comparable to the idea of used clothing versus vintage clothing; only on a much grander scale.
Bulgarian Property Market Insight
GOLF GRABS BULGARIA!At the present time there are only three golf courses in the whole of Bulgaria: one at Elin Pelin, near the capital, Sofia, and two owned by Air Sofia. These are located at Ihtiman, opened in 2000, 40km from Sofia, and at Sliven, opened in 2004, 90km from the Black Sea.
Forclosure And The Durrett Rule
It's probably happened to you..
Seven Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Condo Hotel Unit
You may have heard all the buzz about the newest type of vacation home investment, condo hotels. These are condominiums located in four- and five-star hotels in cities like Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas and Chicago.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|