|Real Estate Information|
Ten Myths Of Real Estate Investing
Is real estate investing only for the wealthy? Can you buy with no money down? Do you have to know the "right" people? Let's answer by looking at some of the myths of real estate.
1. Real estate investing is for the wealthy. Money helps, but my first real estate investment was a $3,500 lot - which I sold for a profit two weeks after I bought it. Small deals, partners, low-down deals, or just putting aside $7 per day for a couple years until you have enough money for a downpayment - these are some of the ways to start with a little and invest in real estate.
2. "0 down" isn't possible. I sold a rental property for $1,000 down because I trusted the buyer to make the payments, and I wanted the 9% interest and higher price. He could have gotten a cash-advance on a credit card for another $30 per month and made it a "0-down" deal. "No money down" means none of YOUR money down, and yes, it happens.
3. "0 down" is the best way. If you don't invest some of your own money, you'll have higher payments. You'll also spend more time finding suitable properties, and pay more for them (generally cooperative sellers want more for their cooperation - I do). There are 0-down deals out there - they just aren't always worth doing.
3. You need experience. Experience helps, but you get it by investing. Start with common sense, ask how you can lose money, be willing to learn the numbers, and you can start where you are.
4. Some investors have a "knack" for making money. Sort of. More accurately, some just took the time and risk to learn the market and continue their education.
5. You need to know the "right" people. It helps, so start the process. Talk to investors, real estate agents, landlords, etc.
6. You have to be great negotiator. If you learn to run the numbers and make the offers based on them, you can be the worst negotiator and still do okay.
8. You need insider knowledge. Understand one deal, and you are on your way. Read and read more, but the best "insider" knowledge comes from experience.
9. Fixer-uppers are safe. People have the idea that doing the work themselves is the safest way to assure a profit. Not true. Mis-planned "fix and flips" have bankrupted even experienced investors. Most poorly purchased rental properties will only eat a little money every month.
10. The key is lowball offers. The numbers have to work, and you need a plan. You can offer MORE than the market price and make money investing in real estate, if you understand creative financing - and how to do the math.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Updated presentation for investors of INVL Baltic Real Estate Vilnius ... - GlobeNewswire (press release)
Choosing a Realtor
Purchasing a property, either as an investor or as a prospective homeowner can be one of the most exhilarating and frightening experiences of your life. In both situations it is imperative that you find just the right property at the right price.
Where Does Your Real Estate Commission Fee Go - Why is The Commission so HIGH?
Many who have bought and sold properties through Realtors numerous times; even many real estate agents themselves, don't know where the commission money goes. After all, when a property sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars and the commission is tens of thousands of dollars, it seems like there is a terrific amount of money charged as commission -- and there is.
Just Give Me Eleven Reasons to Buy in Dubai
Buying overseas property is not always for the fainthearted but we think Dubai is an exception to this. Here are eleven reasons to buy in Dubai:1.
Buying Property In Spain
It's high time someone advocated the use of common sense and suggested that those people looking for that dream home in Spain actually apply a cautious approach to buying!After all, real estate is such a significant purchase for most people that you'd think people would be only too ready to think twice and long and hard before committing to purchase - especially when buying abroad where the rules and customs differ greatly to what we may be used to.But it seems that so many people are seduced by the sunshine in Spain and by aggressive and slick agents and developers that they are willing to purchase unseen, to buy off-plan or even remotely via the internet and to basically purchase without the slightest clue about just what it is they're getting for their money.
Top 7 Reasons Why FSBOs Fail To Sell Their Home On Their Own!
In the United States, less than 10% of all For Sale by Owners (FSBOs), are successful in selling their home by themselves. That*s because most people just give up because they don*t realize from the beginning the difficulty and complexity of the job ahead.
Selling Your Home - Alone or with a Broker?
How do you decide whether to sell your home (or land, farm, ranch, etc.) on your own or use a real estate broker? There are pluses and minuses to each approach.
Property Investing Secrets 1
When property investing, pay the seller their asking price but negotiate the terms under which you can buy property. You'd be absolutely surprised when property investing at how many sellers will help fund you into their property.
Real Estate Investing - Books,TV Infomercials, and Seminars
Real estate investing has become popularized today because of real estate investing TV infomercials and traveling seminar circuits. But real estate investing has not always been so popular.
Buying Property in Spain - How to Avoid Paying over the Odds
Spain has a lot to offer Northern Europeans and until recently there was a marked difference between the price in their home country and a similar Spanish property. However many buyers have found to their cost that they paid way over the odds.
Why You Should Rent To Live And Buy To Invest
Why you should Rent a place to live in and Buy a place for Investment - Did you know that in your Bank's Accounts "Your House" is placed in "Their Asset Book." That means that the house you own and live in, is a "Liability.
Real Estate Investing: Infomercial and Mentoring Scams
Flipping through late-night infomercials recently, I saw two real estate get-rich quick schemes, and I couldn't help but wonder why people still fall for those old scams? Has anyone really talked a seller out of his home for no money down with owner financing lately?Real estate infomercials do great harm to beginning investors, who waste hundreds of dollars on old information. Worse yet, those beginners soon get discouraged and miss out on the true (and profitable) adventure of real estate investing.
Home Selection Checklist - A Good Aid When Choosing a Home
This home selection checklist is a tool to help you select a home that is right for you and your family. Before you select a home and get a mortgage, you need to know if you will be happy with the home you select for the coming years.
First Impressions Will Sell Property Fast!
First impressions count, buyers will have already formed an impression before they step into your property. A well-kept garden, pathway and fence, plus a freshly painted front door are immediately appealing, whereas a scruffy outdoor space with a litter bin outside the front door may turn many prospective buyers away.
Real Estate Investing - Protect Your Privacy
An irate tenant or disgruntled home-buyer, with the help of a willing attorney, can readily prompt a property search for a property owner in public records. The target of the search becomes someone who has deep-pockets as reflected in real estate assets.
Estate Agents on the Costa Blanca Spain
Properties for sale or to rent on the Costa BlancaAs a general rule of thumb, newly built properties on the Costa Blanca are generally cheaper than existing or re-sale properties - cheaper still if you buy 'off plan' (before the house has been started). Property prices have rocketed here over the last five - ten years and many fortunate people have found that their properties have grown in value enormously even before they had moved in! Even though the market is now leveling out, a property in Spain is still an extremely good investment.
Realtors - Self Promote Your Way To Success
Okay, so we all can agree - listings are the lifeblood of the real estate industry. And if the keys to selling them arelocation, location and location, then the challenge in getting them is self-promotion.
Before You Buy A House - Top 10 Tips
There are serveral things you need to think about and check on before you buy a house. Even looking at so many houses can be confusing.
Directionals Move Properties
One of the most effective and frequently overlooked methods of filling or selling a property is the use of directional arrow signs. I'm guilty of it myself, although usually I'm merely lazy instead of overlooking this great marketing technique.
Real Estate Investing Works In Your Area Too!
I hope you had a spectacular weekend!Things have been going great here at Investor Wealth Academy,and we are very excited about some major developments coming down the line for us later this summer.More on that later.
Family Feud with an Auction Deadline - Adventures in Probate/ Estate Purchases
One of our investor students told us of an interesting probate deal or "adventure" they're working on now and while it's a good story, it also illustrates lots of the ins and out of probate or estate issues and purchases.The Seller (we'll call him Scott) co-owned this house with his mom, and he co-signed on the loan with mom.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|