|Real Estate Information|
Real Estate Financing - Ten Ways
Do you remember when real estate financing meant you saved up enough to put 20% down on a house, and then you got a mortgage loan for the other 80%? Well, you can still do that, but there are many more options now. Here are ten of them.
1. Gifting programs. In some parts of the country, builders fund foundations that give you a portion of the downpayment, so you can get into a home with as little as 3% downpayment from your own pocket. FHA and other lenders have so far approved of or allowed this.
2. No-doc loans. These and "low-doc" loans, meaning no or low documentation requirements, are back, and you can find them through online banks. These are for those of you with bad credit but 20% to 30% to put down on a home. You don't even have to have a job.
3. FHA loans. The Farm Home Administration doesn't actually loan the money, but guarantees your loan for the bank, so they can loan up to 97% of the purchase price, depending on the particular FHA program.
4. VA loans. If you have been in the armed services, have a decent job, and can save two or three paychecks, you can probably get a home with a VA loan.
5. Land contract. Also called "contract for sale" and other names depending on the part of the country you are in, this just means that you make payments to the seller instead of a bank. It's up to you and them to negotiate downpayment amount, interest rate, and the term of the loan.
6. Seller-carried second mortgages. Some banks will allow you to have as little as 5% into a home purchase, but will then only loan you 80%. The seller can take payments on a second mortgage from you for the other 15%.
7. State housing programs. Almost all states have some sort of financing help in the form of a loan-guarantee program or outright loans for low-income buyers.
8. Family loans. It may not be out of charity that a brother or a friend lends you the money to buy a home. A 7% return might look awfully good if their money is sitting in the bank at 2%.
9. Manufacturer loans. Some manufactured-home companies are arranging financing with 5% or less down for their buyers. They must feel their money is secure, since a good modular on a piece of property is nothing like a mobile home on a rental lot.
10. Credit cards. This is a risky one, but if you have a low-interest credit card, you can use it to come up with the downpayment, especially if you can pay it off soon with a coming tax refund, for example. Banks generally won't allow this, but you can combine this with seller financing.
Are there more ways to approach real estate financing? You bet. This was just to get you thinking.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
BRIEF-CONSUS Real Estate Realises Cash Inflow Of EUR 131 Mln From Recent Vauvau Forward Sale - Reuters
Appraisal or Home Inspection?
People sometimes confuse a home inspection and an appraisal when they are in the process of buying a home.Most mortgage applications involve an appraisal, which can be a physical inspection of the property plus a written analysis of similar homes that have recently sold in the area.
Basic Tips for First Time Home Buyers
Choosing a first home can be a daunting task, but following a few key steps makes it a lot less confusing.An essential part of the process for every home buyer is to simply do the math.
Preserve Equity, Build for the Future Using a 1031 Tax Exchange
Thinking of trading up on an investment resort property? If so, look into 1031 Tax Exchanges (based on IRS Code Section 1031), which allow taxpayers to defer taxes on capital gains resulting from the sale of investment real estate, often a sizable sum since combined Federal and State taxes can run as high as 38 percent.With an exchange, owners are able to preserve equity, while still selling the property.
Buying Real Estate Thats Not For Sale
Buying real estate can start with a look in the newspaper, a visit to a broker, or a search online. These are all good ways to find your next investment property.
Why Not To Invest In Bulgarian Property
According to research carried out by the Thomson Group, owning a property abroad is now the ambition of over 50% of the British population. Not surprisingly Spain and Cyprus remain the most popular destinations for second home buyers while countries like France, Italy and Portugal continue to grab their fair share of the property investment gold rush!While the usual suspects will always attract the more cautious, risk aversive investor, the most recent generation of property investors can't seem to get enough of what our Eastern European neighbours have to offer.
The Secret to Maximum Real Estate Profits: Lighting
Lighting is the most important detail of interior Design Psychology for selling houses. Lighting influences a prospective buyer's feelings within a space more than any other interior design element.
Investment Real Estate Made Easy - Make the Most from Each Investment Dollar
When it comes to buying investment real estate, there are many schools of thought on how to get the most out of your money. Some say lease optioning your houses is the best and safest way to go.
What are the Elements in Real Estate?
Each element has a specific color associated with it. Because color (light) vibrates and is such a high frequency, it immediately lifts the "energy vibration" in our listings.
NAHB's Voluntary Model Green Home Building Guidelines
The voluntary Model Green Home Building Guidelines are designed to move environmentally friendly home building concepts further into the mainstream marketplace. Currently, there are approximately thirty communities throughout the U.
Walnut Creek Real Estate
Looking to relocate to a Californian suburb with a low crime rate, beautiful luxury homes and the convenience of being located just minutes from Oakland and San Francisco? Look no further than Walnut Creek. This city of just over 65,000 people is staying relatively stable in population, but new luxury homes are being constructed in this northern suburb all the time, and there are countless options.
Real Estate Internet Marketing Is The Way To Go
Real estate Internet marketing is a booming business, along with all other forms of Internet businesses. Now, it seems that very little can't be sold over the Internet.
What is a Predatory Lender?
Several months ago, the 3,000-member California Association of Mortgage Brokers (CAMB) created the first real definition to describe the abusive lending practices of predatory lenders. According to the CAMB, predatory lending was described as "placing consumers in loan products with significantly worse terms and/or higher costs than loans offered to similarly qualified consumers in the region for the primary purpose of enriching the originator and with little or no regard for the costs to the consumer.
How to Sell Your Home Without a Real Estate Agent
Considering the rapid rise in home prices over the past several years, home sellers are taking a hard look at the commission they have to pay to a real estate brokerage to market and sell their home. Real estate commissions vary across the country; they average in the four to seven percent range.
Hurricane Katrina And The Impact On Real Estate Prices
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's wide path of destruction, the real estate market will be affected perhaps in ways not fully understood or expected. If recent hurricane recovery history holds true there will be several good things to come out of all destruction.
Part 1: FAQ's From Media Interviews With Real Estate Author
Do you feel there is going to be a real estate bubble?Nash: No. Are some coastal and resort markets over-heated, yes.
Ten Myths Of Real Estate Investing
Is real estate investing only for the wealthy? Can you buy with no money down? Do you have to know the "right" people? Let's answer by looking at some of the myths of real estate.1.
Preparing for a Showing
As soon as you decide to put your home on the market, all sorts of sprucing-up are in order. But let's assume you've already scrubbed to a fare-thee-well, touched up a bit of paint, cleared most of the stuff off your kitchen counters and straightened out your closets.
Building Your Dream Home - Part 1
For most of my adult life I had thought about someday building my Dream Home. Several years ago I finally got the chance.
How Come No One Told Us About This When We Were Buying a Home?
Development, it's bound to happen.Simply because there is a large open field, or the property you're looking at borders woods, doesn't mean it will or can stay that way in the future.
Selling Houses: Cutting Edge Design Tips for Selling
In this article, you're going to discover new techniques for marketing houses, and you'll find that these fresh, new interior design ideas will help sell your home faster, and for a higher price than the competition!Buyers' physical senses respond to a home's design, and what a buyer feels is based upon their psychological reactions to sight, hearing, smell, touch, and even taste. Design Psychology employs new strategies in interior design to entice buyers.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|